Why UC Davis? Meet Our Newest UC Davis MPAc Students

Welcome Class of 2025!

From Cartagena, Colombia, to Napa Valley, meet several of our incoming Master of Professional Accountancy students who share why they chose UC Davis for the STEM-designated MPAc curriculum and faculty quality to the small-college town community and campus student life.

Wendy Cortes Sanchez

Hello. My name is Wendy Cortes Sanchez, and I'm from Firebaugh. And I chose Davis because of its community, small town, and diversity.

Garrett Romaine

Hello. My name is Garrett Romaine. I am from wine country, not too far away from here. I came to UC Davis because they had the best MPAc program around.

Ally Francisco

Hi, my name is Ally, and I'm from Los Gatos, California. I love the small town, supportive college environment. I love biking to class, and I also love all the animals on campus, including the cows and the squirrels.

JB Bae

Hi, I'm JB. I'm from South Korea and I came to UC Davis because I like the friendly vibe that the town has. And I love biking.

Claire Simon

Hi, my name is Claire Simon. I'm from El Dorado Hills, and now I'm in UC Davis doing my master’s in accounting. I absolutely love the campus, and I'm so excited to start.

Juan Carlos Castro

Hi, my name is Juan. I come from Yuba City, and one fun fact about me is that I love astronomy and I love staring at the stars.

Amanda Carter

My name is Amanda Carter, and I'm from San Jose, California. And the person who inspires me is Michelle Obama.

Mandy Lau

Hi, guys. My name is Mandy Lau. I'm from San Francisco, California and I did my undergrad in UC Davis in psychology. I decided to come back to the MPAc program because of the friendly community and the cute animals around campus.

Andi Casner

Hi, my name is Andi Casner and I'm from Vacaville, California. I chose UC Davis MPAc because I came to Davis for my undergrad and I love the community here. A fun fact about me is that I was a cheerleader for 14 years, and I also cheered here at Davis during my undergrad.

Gabriel Fernandez

Hi, my name is Gabriel Fernandez, I grew up in the Bay Area in Walnut Creek, but I was born in Cartagena, Colombia. The program here at the Master of Professional Accountancy is an extremely good program with really good faculty. And I look forward to this next year.